Oct 2022 - PresentNetwork Guard (SG)Staff Frontend Engineer
- Contributed to projects spanning multiple marketing sites helping improve customer lifetime value up to 10%.
- Made chapter wide tech and process improvements by introducing an RFC process and a engineering ticketing process.
- Introduced tooling that helped creating new components up to 50% faster in the static marketing site.
Apr 2019 - Oct 2022Beam Mobility (SG)Senior Frontend Engineer
Beam is APAC's leading micromobility firm. Headquartered in Singapore, Beam operates over 30,000 vehicles across Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Malaysia.
- Led the development of the subscription feature bringing in ~10% of daily revenue. Collaborated with product managers, designers and developers to drive the project from RFC stage to completion.
- Created a library of re-usable components using styled-components cutting down UI development time and reducing rework by up-to 50%. Utilized this library to overhaul the look and feel of the UI successfully in two weeks.
- Introduced new technologies to the frontend stack including TypeScript, MapboxGL, React hooks, React Testing Library to the organization improving developer efficiency and happiness
Feb 2017 - Mar 2019IFS R&D International (LK)Software Engineer
- Developed a complex Angular client for a planning and scheduling optimization application
- Created and maintained a complete suite of automated tests using Selenium
- Implemented lazy loaded modules for the single page application making it load 20% faster
- Assisted the onboarding process of new engineers into the team
Nov 2015 - Jan 2017AccelAero (LK)User Interface Engineer
- Re-built major components of the internet booking system with AngularJS and associated technologies
- Delivered an Ionic mobile application that has over 4.5/5 ratings on Play Store utilizing the same code base
- Produced a mobile website with theming support in less than a month through effective code re-use
Nov 2013 - Mar 2014IFS R&D International (LK)Software Engineering Intern
Developed applications for the Windows 8 Metro and Windows Phone 8 platforms
2011 - 2016University of KelaniyaBSc. In MIT(sp. In IT)
Completed BSc. In Management and Information Technology (Sp. Information Technology) with a GPA of 3.85/4.0
2011 - 2013BCS QualificationsProfessional Graduate Diploma
Completed British Computing Society (BCS) Higher Educational Qualifications Professional Graduate Diploma(PGD).
Languages and Technologies
- Backend Development: Firebase, NodeJS/ Express.js
- Other Tools & Technologies: Git/Github, Figma, Gatsby, AWS, MapboxGL, CI/CD, Cypress, Selenium, Jest
- Created a GTFS-RT Validator as part of Google Summer of Code 2015 - Built a validator for General Transit Feed Real-Time Specifications
- Developed Train Tracking application as part of 3rd Year Project
- Participated in hackathons: Second runners-up of TadHack 2017, Winners of HackaDev 2015, LAN Hack 2015 Top 5 Teams